Castillo de Capilla dominates a rocky outcrop in the northwest region of Badajoz province, Extremadura, commanding the plains of the Zújar River. Originally built by Muslims as a strategic stronghold connecting major cities including Mérida, Seville, Córdoba, and Toledo, the fortress was besieged by Ferdinand III for fourteen weeks before its conquest in 1226. Following its capture, the castle was donated to the Order of the Temple in 1236 and served as a military commandery until 1312. The castle preserves three towers and sections of walls, with ongoing archaeological investigations since 2012 revealing chambers, floors, and a cistern.