
Castillo de Manzaneque is a 15th-century rectangular fortress located in the center of Manzaneque, Toledo, built by Don Íñigo de Ávalos during the late medieval period. The castle originally featured a square floor plan with corner towers, a protective moat, and outer walls, along with a gate flanked by two solid round turrets protected by a pointed arch entry. After Íñigo de Ávalos, the castle passed to Don Álvarez de Toledo, Secretary to Isabella and Ferdinand, then to the Counts of Cedillo who eventually abandoned it. The structure was restored in the early 20th century and now serves as the city council seat, having been transformed from a military stronghold into administrative and civic space. The castle gained additional historical note when it provided refuge to townspeople during Carlist conflicts in 1833.